Saturday, August 8, 2009

I promised.

I served Communion at Sojourn last Sunday. I'm not actually supposed to do that until I'm a member, but a desperate situation opened the door for a wonderful personal experience. I wrote this lengthy draft about my emotions and how enlightening the event was for me, but for some reason the words or my lack of eloquence robbed the occasion of its wonder. This was really the only line of merit from my original attempt:

"I just kept repeating those words, "The body of Christ broken for you...the body of Christ broken for you..." and it didn't get old once and every face was beautiful."



I lost or someone stole my digital camera. Big bummer. I'll have to bring out the old Canon Rebel which probably isn't a bad thing. I'll be forced to think more about the pictures I'm taking so that I don't waste the film.

1 comment:

Erin said...

your statement about serving communion was perfect. i agree with you.

also, thanks for helping me to not be so self-absorbed lately :)