Saturday, August 22, 2009

Stranger

Dear Blog,

I've neglected you-->insert shame here.

I'm intimidated by your blank screen, the incessant cursor, and the possibility that you might misinterpret what I'm saying. And blog, my friend, I like you, but you're not good at keeping secrets. Somehow the information I share winds up in the weirdest places...like the world wide web. It's the oddest thing. But, alas, here I am spilling my thoughts to you because it's 2:00 am, and I can't sleep.


Alright enough of that nonsense.

Over the Rhine played at the 930 tonight. Incredible. Karin Berquist's voice leaves me wilting and drying on the lonely lines of my past. I like it. When it comes to music, I'm a masochist. The worse it makes me feel, the better. That sounds dreadfully emo.

Songs I like lately:


"Hazy"--Rosi Goslan and William Fitzsimmons
"Two"--Ryan Adams
"Stillness is the Move"--The Dirty Projectors
"L.E.S. Artistes"--Santigold
"Lost Watch"--Seabear
"Vito's Ordination Song"--Sufjan Stevens
"I and Love and You"--The Avett Brothers

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yay! glad to see you post again! i love your music btw...i am the same with the type that i like.

love you much!

Erin said...

wilting and drying....i like that.

one of my coworkers made me a mix cd, and i loved it. if i gave you a blank one would you make me one with some of the music you like? i need to listen to new music!