Saturday, September 12, 2009

Here, There, and Everywhere

I am perpetually discontent (B. Anne just slammed me in the back and yelled, "You were content today!" because she thought I was referencing life. Let me finish my sentence woman.) with my background color. That dark blue had to go. This purple is rather nice, I think. It might stick around for awhile.

I was content today. The roomies and I walked to Central Park-- lunches and radio in hand. We had such a beautiful time. B. drew. Patty read. Erin danced. I slept and wrote in my journal. I relish time spent with my precious friends and sisters.

Thoughts I copied down:

"Fell asleep in your cobwebs."

Sinking. You threw me into the sea like an anchor and I'm sinking fast and furiously into the depths. Deep. Deep. (Last night I fell in love with a polaroid art exhibit. The artist referenced a sinking feeling she felt when she first woke up in the mornings. It was comforting to know I wasn't the only one.)

interests: stories
Pictures are the stories we tell when we're too afraid to voice them out loud.

Plaid table cloth and towels on the moist ground. Things fall from overhead. Squirrels gather around. We're they're entertainment. The air is light and effortless. The sun is merciful, and were shaded under ancient trees and branches. The grass is itching with activity.



I've tried to be more focused while writing these entries because my mind is always going in a million different directions and most of the time these posts lack cohesion, but I say, "Screw it!" It's my blog and I'll say what I want, when I want, and how it comes to me. There. That's always been my struggle with writing, but I'm tired of feeling guilty about it. I'm tired of living in fear of who I am, if that makes any sense. I have all these ideas at once and I never just focus in on one thing. I jump here and there and over and over and back and forth, but it's okay.

I went to the first meeting for a Women's Theology Class this morning and it was wonderful. I love talking about the Bible and God and meeting new faces.

And some pictures: :)





1 comment:

Unknown said...

i like that your posts are random insights into your head. you're right--it's your blog and you can do what you want with it!