Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Short Tail

After our first mouse sighting almost a week ago, I distincly remember reasurring my dear roommate Patty with these soothing words: "The last thing you need to be worried about is that mouse trying to get in your bed. He's only scavenging for food and things for his nest."

Last night, 5:28am

One moment I was sleeping soundly, then suddenly I possessed a vague awareness that some thing--some weighty presence--was scampering over the top of my shoulder and down my chest. I threw my blankets off in a mad rush, flipped on my lamp, and stood for several breathless minutes staring at my bead. Did what I think just happened, actually happen? Then! Suddenly, I saw the scarves draped over the end of my bed rustle from the top of my matress down to the floor. That was proof enough. I had definitely just shared my bed with a rodent! I cautiously and expediently grabbed my pillow and ran to Patty's room where we both attempted to share her twin sized bed for the rest of the night. At least if the mouse ventured into her room, we'd be able to fight him together.

That dirty rascallion.

4 comments:

erin said...

MY. WORST. NIGHTMARE !!!!

Thanks a lot. i don't think i'm going to be able to sleep now.

Unknown said...

oh no! i just killed a huge roach in our kitchen this morning.... oh the joys of renting ;)

Unknown said...

oh my goodness!!! i can't believe he has been so brazen! (i think he just wants to make sure that you write those stories about him)

loves!

Erin said...

it must die. soon.