Saturday, November 10, 2007

hay you.

snapshots in my mind:

hay
the night was bright
marshmallows
across the universe
hazel fell onto the wagon laughing.
i found hay in my underwear
two hot dogs
one smore
then some more....talking.
oh talking.
(i can't believe it's almost christmas)
j.t. in the kitchen




hayrides are the best.
in the middle of nowhere you could see the lights of the city...a taunting glow of civilization.
i was proud to be away from it all.
proud to see the sky... for the first time.
i feel as if life is swelling up inside of me. like a marshmallow.
when me heart is warm it swells and reaches to the very tips of my fingers.
i am alive.
(my parents came to bowling green this morning because i asked them to come. weird. there was an auction on college street and i asked my dad to come. and he came. and it meant a lot. they both came. and we had the best time. we didn't buy anything, but we were together and it was fun. the house sold. the speakers were too loud. the lady had so many books...and none of them very good. the lady hadn't died yet. my dad, after looking at all the books said, "if someone ever auctions off our stuff, they'll be like, 'Look at all that stuff...how does anyone have so much stuff'"?
how does anyone accumulate so much stuff?
all the stuff we think is important and it just gets sold off to the highest bidder.
my mom called tonight and my dad asked to speak to me.
he thanked me for inviting him.
it was a weird feeling.
an adult feeling.
maybe just a mature feeling.
him thanking me was almost like he was acknowledging that i had grown up.
weird.
can't describe it.
we've been to auctions before.
this was different.
?)



i bought a candle.
nutmeg and pomander? i think that's the name.
amazing.
it's scent is swelling to the corners of the living room...and i like it. :)

i wish candles could warm a room.
because this house is cold.

a fire flies into my face
like a burning feather.

i'm making no sense at all. i think it's time for bed.

oh, but...!
here are some picture i've been meaning to post:


our mantle at halloween..:)




i love this picture of jodie


the candle...ummm

No comments: