Monday, November 26, 2007

urban happenings

I officially finished season three of the office!
whoa.
cause to rejoice....the suspense has been ruining my life.

i left some stuff at my parent's house over the break and my mom decided to meet me halfway with my things at a gas station tonight.
she decided to fill up her car while she was there.
I go over to talk to her and she asks me if i saw the dog in the car next to us. well no.
i don't normally stare people down at gas stations. it's a bit creepy.
She says, "The man that has him seems awful proud of him".
my mom has a soft spot for animals.
so naturally I look over.
I should have known better.
There's this man in a tiny white junker with a convertible hood and he, like the dog is staring at us with a goofy grin on his face.
I give a half hearted smile and turn back around, slightly emabarrassed.
Next thing I know...he's out of the car standing beside my mom, holding the poor dog.
What do you say?
He just keeps talking about the dog and then out of nowhere he asks, "you ever seen a dog drink beer?". My mom puts her head down almost laughing and I'm like, "nope".
"Well this here buddy'll chase the can across the floor".
I'm thinking, poor dog.
Then he just stands there.
The cars on $39.00 and still going.
Awkward.
I thanked him for showing us the dog.
He just stands there...smiling.
eh.
Finally, the gas clicks off...and me and my mom jet inside.
There was another man with the poor dude paying for gasoline inside.
He was buying two packs of light beer....one for the dog I guess...and mom swears he smelt like alcohol.


four girls with four families equals a refrigerator full of thanksgiving leftovers.

No comments: