Monday, April 20, 2009

Bought a book on gnomes:



Songs on repeat in my head:
Sufjan Stevens: "Casimir Pulaski Day"

"...In the morning through the window shade
When the light pressed up against your shoulder blade
I could see what you were reading...

"Oh the glory when he took our place
But he took my shoulders and he shook my face
And he takes and he takes and he takes."


And i woke up singing the words to "Chicago" in my head this morning. It could be because I looked up apartments in Chicago yesterday. What if I moved there? Big change that would be.

Benjamin Gibbard: "You Remind Me of Home"
"Exploration" from the Coraline soundtrack
Cocteau Twins: "Ivo"
Fleet Foxes: "Innocent Son"
Inoj: "Love You Down" (This song is olllllldddd)
Mark Kozelek: "You Ain't Got a Hold On Me"

Lately....I'm happy, but there's an undercurrent of hesitation. Something whispers, "Shhh....don't get so excited. Things could crumble...things are crumbling and you just don't know it yet."

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Just remember that Chicago has LOTS of snow. So, if you like snow then it'll be good.

Erin said...

i saw that gnome book on your desk. i was like, 'oh no, she's fallen into that trend.' you know, those people who like gnomes a lot?

...

my head hurts. i can't think straight.

Miss Savannah Jane said...

OMWORD! Do not EVEN get me all stoked about the possibility of you moving to Chicago.