Monday, April 6, 2009

lament

Nightmares--lots and lots of nightmares.

First one, I remember: I'm at my parents' house and it's nighttime and we should be sleeping or at least that's the impression I have in the dream, but instead we're waiting for something. We're also watching and peeking outside from the ledges of windows and through the cracks in doors. Then suddenly I'm outside, by myself and a brown van pulls into our driveway and men start to attack me. I'm trying to scream through the cracks in one of their hands, but my voice just sounds like a normal speaking sound.

There's also one where this dude is abusing show lions and then he turns the lions loose and they try to attack me and everyone else in this auditorium thing.

Then there was one with tornados--even a double tornado. All I remember is that Brittany and I are living in this different place in my hometown, but it's old and really run-down and we're trying to hide in the house to be safe from the storm, but we just keep running around and looking outside at the tornados that are coming closer to us.

There was another one last night, but it's fuzzy. A house is burning down and maybe I'm inside, but I know others are there.

In another one, I'm in Opryland, this old themepark that was tore down years ago. It feels larger than life and I'm looking at everything through a recording or I'm videotaping--strange. At one point I get in line to get on my favorite ride, The
Grizzly River Rampage, but it's different than I remember and for some reason I'm on the raft all by myself and it starts to deflate and I start to fall off into the rushing water.

And, there's been more but I can't remember. These have all been in the past week. I'm not sleeping well and I think they're reflecting all the anxiety I'm feeling toward my future. I'm praying for peace. :( God tells us not to worry, but sometimes it's hard to give it all to Him.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I think that He knows that we aren't going to be able to give it all to Him immediately. But as long as we're trying to give it to Him, He'll help us with it.

God has the best plan possible for you. He knows what is over the next hill, and He won't let you fall where you can't get up with His help. I know it's hard, I went through something similar last year. I will keep you in my prayers. Just keep talking about your concerns, and they won't seem so big once they're out in the open. There's more room for them there anyway.

Miss Savannah Jane said...

I have nightmares quite frequently. Remember the one I told you with the circus with the music? That one still kind of haunts me. I've also had one where I'm on a water ride, and the track just like drops off, and I'm falling.

I don't really have a point with this. I love you!

Unknown said...

sorry about the nightmares dear! i have them a lot too. when i have nightmares about being attacked and really fearful, my mom always told me to read a psalm or listen to praise songs before going to sleep. it does help. also, ask your roomies to pray with you at night! i will be praying for you too. I love you!