Sunday, June 28, 2009

the new and the old

I can't stop playing these songs:

"If You Would Come Back Home"--William Fitzsimmons
"Devil's Prey"--Olle Nyman
"Summer in the City"--Regina Spektor

They're all three emo and weepy, but oh well...can't help it.

I officially love the book of Joshua in the OT.

Went home for the weekend for a wedding. Our family dog, Buffie, is not so well. She's almost fully deaf and blind, she can't control her bladder, she only has three legs because of a tumor two years ago, she has arthritis, and she's losing all her fur. It's a sad case. My parents know they need to put her down, but she has good days, and then they second guess themselves. I think I was seven or eight when we got her and I distincly remember getting off the school bus and seeing her on the front porch with my mom and brother. I also remember what I was wearing--a troll shirt pulled to the side with a scrunchie and bright blue spandex shorts. Awesome. Buffie is an old dog.

Louisville is losing a bit of its newness, but I still love it.


I went to Waterfront Park for the first time with Miss Erin. It was wonderful.







1 comment:

Unknown said...

sorry to hear about your doggie! glad that things are still going well in louisville. love you!