Friday, June 5, 2009

I was born a rambling...woman

I haven't blogged in over two weeks. It's painful, but I feel like this post has to be extraordinary because it's been so long! Not really, I just feel odd pressure to write something profound. Here goes.

I own a massive bookcase. Really, it's a beast, especially when you live in a second floor apartment, but it's very special to me not only because it houses literature that's close to my heart, but because my dad helped me fix it up when I bought it. We stained and finished new shelves for the inside and painted/fashioned a new board for the missing back. (I love taking tattered things and making them useful and lovely). Anyway, after moving I decided to organize my rather large/ridiculous collection of books in some way that made sense. The top shelf holds some of my favorites and others that I desperately wish to read. Here's some stuff I plan on picking up over the summer, but I know how my plans usually go. I'm probably being a bit ambitious.

debra marquart, the horizontal world: growing up wild in the middle of nowhere
A.W Tozer, The Knowledge of the Holy
Ayn Rand, We the Living
Margaret Atwood, Oryx and Crake
Charlotte Bronte, Jane Eyre
Shane Claiborne, The Irresistible Revolution
Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes
Daphne Du Maurier, Rebecca
Jon Krakauer, Under the Banner of Heaven
Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship ( I don't currently own this one)


So, the roomies and I are officially Louisville residents and it feels amazing. I'm very close to my family, the whole big lot of them, and I expected to be having more severe withdrawls, but truly this already feels like home. God prepared my heart. :)

On a darker note, I still need a job in a bad way. I've been applying like crazy, but still no luck. I know this is where I'm supposed to be. God has led me here. I have to remember that He's in control and has a plan. Which reminds me, God provided for me yesterday in the smallest way at a coin laundry shop and I almost cried because it was so awesome the way he used people I didn't even know to lend a hand.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i love you so much and am glad that you are all settling in! and your bookcase is awesome btw...i just went shopping at junkyard gypsies and clothes lion! ah!!

michael said...

Did you apply to Half Price Books? or Perhaps Carmichals?

Anyway, your summer reading list is quite ambitious... mine keeps on growing though the amount I spend reading does not!

laceylou said...

Sarah, i went to an antique shop the other day and thought of you everytime I saw teacups.

Michael! I have applied to soooo many places including Half Price Books, Barnes and Noble, and Borders. I've called several other places including both Carmichael's bookstores and they're not hiring. I've applied to other places too. Sad day. I'm also applying to jobs on U of L's campus. A job like that would be uber nice.

emily j said...

lacey lou. i loved reading this post. i am so glad that you are so confident that God led you to lville. and i'm so glad that it already feels like home. start training for that 5k baby, cause are so gonna do it! :)