Monday, October 29, 2007

branches.

i'm not loving the cold so much anymore.
i appreciate the cool, not so much the cold.
our bathroom has developed into a separate atmosphere. Because our house is so cold and we take such hot showers to compensate for being cold, water gathers on the ceiling and continues to drip through most of the day. Thus...we have rain in our bathroom....sort of. (maybe that's a bit of a stretch)

so i was excited that my dog's tumors were going to be removed, but unfortunately one of them was embedded so terribly that the doctors had to amputate her leg. :(
It's weird.
animals.
I love buffy.
and I am sad that her leg is gone....but i feel embarrarssed for being so sad...like I shouldn't care so much. why is that? maybe because some people see a love for animals as silly? I don't know.
I know she's not a person, but I'd like to think that she feels and thinks and loves, in a way...and to think that she's hurting is tragic to me.
I tried to tell a few people today about it and I just felt silly....like there are bigger things to be sad about...

like the Holocaust

I'm re-reading Night for my Judaism class and it makes me sick.
the ability of the human race to participate in such an awful thing is appalling.
Wiesel recounts in his memoir about a man named Moishe the Beadle who had escaped German persecution and no one would believe him. No one wanted to believe him. Wiesel writes, "Even I did not believe him. I often sat with him after services, and listened to his tales, trying to understand his grief. But all I felt was pity".

That's how I feel.

I hope and pray that i never truly understand becuase to understand would be to expericence....
all i can feel is pity, perhaps compassion, sympathy...but not empathy. Even with all of the stories, I can't begin to place myself in any person's shoes that was actually there. I can't begin to imagine. (this makes me think of my love and friendhip class...)
Wiesel even talks about this incommunicable factor...an "it" factor...he can't express how he feels with words because what he experienced was far beyond words...

on another note:
Halloween was fun.
and, my friends, it's still not over.
there was a rock show saturday night and everyone put on his or her best disguise for the occasion. Here are a few snapshots:

this is my favorite


i went as an electrician


scary spice and a flapper


ha..ha


fun stuff.
i visited Katie and Johnna on Sunday and held the new babies....:)
life abounds...which is also weird.
two of my best friends have babies.
good but strange.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i think it's okay to be sad for your animals. they teach us about unconditional love!