Sunday, October 21, 2007

week at a glance...literally.

words of interest this week:

muss: a mess; disorder. erin used this word tonight in reference to my hair.

egalitarian: advocating full political, social, and economic equality for all people. (i thought that's what it meant....a conversation over the weekend made me second guess myself... I would think that egalitarianism would be a positive thing...some seem to think otherwise...perhaps? interesting.)

mood for the day: nostalgic: when one longs for something far away or long ago; theme of this post.

I have lots to write about so i'm giving topics separate sub-headings! fun.


My Best Friend's Baby

my best friend had her baby boy last thursday, october 18th.
i was in the hopital room watching her withstand the pain of life...literally the pull of a life from inside her. I don't know if I want to have kids....ek. Scary.
We grew up together...we lived together for two years. This child, still unnamed, will change her life forever. She'll never be without its presence whether physical or only in her thoughts...forever. It makes us different...in a way.
I can't begin to understand what it feels like to bear the weight of someone else's life in my hands...in my heart...in my belly. :)
it is beautiful and weird.... i love this baby because i love her. I don't know who he'll become or what he'll be like but it's a piece of her. It's so weird to actually think about life. God gave humans the ability to reproduce...wow. crazy. oh well. Here are some pictures from the event:











anyway.
he's precious.
okay, then.







fall
i'm obsessed with fall and here lately i can't keep my eyes off the lovely orange tree in our neighbor's yard. i think i'm lusting after it a bit...just kidding. maybe not.


love affair.








the weather was warm again today and i've been telling people that i feel ripped off...and i want a refund..in full! It's not supposed to be warm in october!
(it's amazing how retail affects every part of my life...even my metaphors...)

"i spend all day hiding my heart away" brandi carlile....i love this woman...she speaks to my soul. PERFECT fall music. her words say the things my mind never lets me articulate... i love it.

she seems to have trouble with mornings, not unlike myself.
dread instead of hope...weight instead of relief...hm.

sidenote: there's a hidden track on her new cd....good stuff.

Why can't I cling to the promise: "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning..."?
-Lamentations, 3:23.
i feel like i can't shake these burdens....they hold on so tightly.
i seek mercy, renewal, refreshment, relief, a deep breath. I feel like every morning i pick up where i left off....hopelessly behind.
ahh.


moving along.

last topic, i promise

dance duo, roommate syle

today me and ernie danced like fools and i loved it.
i love blurry motion shots...they're so full of life.

fool/full...:)








then we decided to take pictures of ourselves in the mirror. vain yes. did that stop us...no.









today has been fun...and exhausting.
time for bed.

1 comment:

B. Anne Jarboe said...

those pics are so good. why don't more people see this!!!!!